This is one of the most common and popular dish made at home in Japan.
If you want to experience the authentic Japanese homemade dish, you should try this receip. It’s relatively easy.
- 6 slices(7 oz) of Pork Butt
- Some chopped cabbage(As much as you would like)
A. For sauce
- 0.3 oz of Ground Ginger
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp of Mirin
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp of Dashi
- 3 tbsp of Water
B. Other seasonings:
- Some Potato Starch
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil
1. Mix all the seasonings for the sauce.
2. Chop cabbage as shown in the pic and lay out on a plate.
3. Lay out potato starch on a plate or container, and coat the pork butt.
4. Pour sesame oil on a pan, turn up to mid-heat and cook the meat thoroughly until the both sides are crisp.
5. Once the meat is cooked, pour all the sauce and cook further until the meat is fully colored and sauce gets thick as shown in the pic.
6. Put the meat on the plate and enjoy your meal!!