It’s in the rainy season and getting hotter and more humid in Japan and I want to eat something refreshing that will give me some appetite and boost my energy, so I’ve made Sweet and Sour Eggplant and Pork with Grated Japanese White Radish. Apparently, pork has lots of protein and many vitamins and minerals which is perfect for me for this time of year. What’s so amazing about this recipe is that it’s really easy to cook. I would recommned it especially when you feel little dizzy and don’t have much energy or appetite.
- One Eggplant
- 3.5 oz of Pork
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 2 or 3 stalks of Green Onions
- 1/2 cup of Ground Japanese White Radish
- 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Vinegar
- 1 tbsp of Mirin
- White Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil
1. Boil the Pork and separate the pieces as you stir. Sieve and put it aside for later.
2. Process the Vegeis(Cut the Eggplant and Green Onions, and grate the Japanese White Radish.
3. Pour some Sesame Oil onto a pan, dice and fry the Garlic and put it aside for later.
4. Cook the Eggplant with the oil from the step 3, put it in the bowl and wipe the pan with a kitchen paper.
5. Mix the Soy Sauce, Vinegar and Mirin to make the sauce. Heat up the pan and pour the sauce and put the fried Garlic and let the mixure boil up just for an instant.
6. Put the Pork, Grated Japanese White Radish and Green Onions and pour the sauce into a bowl and mix.
7. Put it onto a dish and sprinkle some Sesame Seeds on top.